Friday, May 02, 2008

Got central heating, and I'm all right

My perennial and general lateness apparently extends to pop culture trends, and I can't entirely blame that on my mission. Still, I almost always show up. I have become a genuine Youtube addict. Mostly because it is cheaper than buying music and safer than stealing it. Still, I have disciplined myself to use it (and Facebook, and every other innocuous waste of my time) only while I am working. That sounds screwy now that I put it in print. But as long as I'm required to sit inert and unfocused for eight hours at a time, I may as well enjoy it.

Peter recruited four other people to go with us to the top of Table Mountain, and we piled into somebody's 15-seater van after breakfast this morning, and hiked up there. I discovered that the girl I was (mostly) there for is moving back to Arizona on Tuesday. So I have to find her before that and buy her dinner... if for no other reason than that she was so darn cool to me & there ought to be some compensation, don't you think?

--Kevin

No comments: